Aloha AulaniHelping you make the most of your stay.
Imi Loa Na Hoku – Explore the Stars
“Imi Loa Na Hoku – Explore the Stars” is a premium stargazing experience that needs to be reserved through the Pau Hana room. You can either do it in person or call 808-674-6943 to reserve in advance. At the time we looked into this, there were three showings available each Sunday through Wednesday, 7:45pm, 8:30pm, and 9:15pm, and up to 8 people are permitted in each showing. Currently, the 9:15pm experience is being advertised as an “Adult Exclusive”. Make sure to check with Aulani regarding the showing times as they may change seasonally. You may want to pay attention to what the phase of the moon will be on the day you intend to book because a full moon will mean less things that you can see due to its light. You may also want to check moonrise/moonset times. The group that does the tours used a Celestron CPC 1100 telescope when we tried it out.
If you are willing to walk 3 minutes over to the Four Seasons next door, check out groupon as sometimes there’s a groupon for the same experience. It’s done by the same company at a significant savings. https://www.groupon.com/deals/stars-above-hawaii-1 The experience I saw was for an hour long (compared to Aulani’s 45 minutes) and only $22.50 per person.
To see our review of this experience, go to our https://alohaaulani.com/2021/07/01/stargazing/.
- The group that does the shows has a site: https://starsabovehawaii.com/
- To reserve, go to the Pau Hana room or call 808-674-6943. If you are booking over at the Four Seasons, you can do your booking online.
- Prices: $45/adult (13-66), $35/child (5-12), $40/senior (> 66), children under 5 are free.
- Aulani restricts attendance to hotel guests, but they do the same show next door at the Four Seasons and you do not need to be a guest there to attend.
- Payment is due at the time you make the reservation.
- Cancellations must be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- There are no DVC/Annual Pass discounts.